sunnuntai 25. lokakuuta 2015

Inspired

It's Sunday again - damn these weeks go by so fast! This week we had lectures on Monday and Thursday, just like every week.



On Monday there were two guest speakers in our class, first was Terhi Aho from Tulos and second Joanna Puro from Mynnin & Markkinoinnin ammattilaiset. Terhi told us about different kinds of ways of marketing and creating content to the internet. We talked about search tools like Google and also social media and mobile searching. Terhi pointed out that Google is still the most used in desktop searches but mobile searching is growing all the time. And as I think about it, yes, I always google stuff on my phone if I wanna know something or figure things out.
Our other guest speaker Joanna was a former student of our school Laurea. There were 3 key points in her lecture, since she wanted to tell us something that she would've wanted to know as a student. Here's what she pointed out:

1. Network - talk to people, say hello and make contacts.
2. Digitalization - well, yes. Just yes. This is the future.
3. This is only a start



On Thursday our dear teacher Ilkka gave a phenomenal presentation, which was actually streaming live to 70 watchers all around the world through the Periscope app. Ilkka talked about digital strategy and we also discussed some things together, like what is the most important thing in business and who are the people that inspire us. I made a lot of notes and found the lecture very inspiring and useful considering my dreams about starting my own business one day.

One point that Ilkka himself also named as one of the most important was "The moment of truth" in business. He said that it is the moment, when a customer makes the decision about his/her purchase. What is the customer thinking at that moment and how can you use the information about the decision making in developing your business. I found that very important and will definitely think about "the moment of truth" when I develop my own business idea/ideas.

It was so touching to see how excited and also happy Ilkka was about the lecture he held. It clearly meant a lot to him and as he said, it was a dream come true for him, since he had always wanted to hold a presentation/lecture that would be streamed online.

Ilkka's lecture kept me so busy listening that I didn't even take pictures of him, which is too bad... But atleast you have proof that I really listened haha:'D


I also took a look at some of my class mates blogs and read them through. Here are some, that I found very interesting and pleasant to read.


Hannah updates very often and writes long, thoughtful posts. I like that she uses a lot of pictures and that you can see her personality through the texts, that she writes. She is also in the same team as I am in the project that we are working on at the moment.


Otto uses a lot of pictures and writes widely about our school weeks and lectures. I like the layout of his blog - it's very simple and visually pleasing.


Kata is one of my best friends and this was actually the first time I went to read her blog. She - as like myself - writes a blog of her own in addition to this "school blog", so she has skills in blogging, which you can clearly see from her posts. Her posts are distinct, deliberate and pleasant to read.


Ohh, Essi's blog is so cute! The pink banner and the background pattern makes the blog stand out from the crowd. She also blogs often (as we are supposed to, hehe) and uses nice pictures to support her writing.




Nelli's blog is pleasant to read and browse through. You can even see pictures of her dog there, haha. She writes quite long posts and updates often. Thumbs up!


-Laura

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti